'Performance Nutrition' provides an overview of how nutrition can be used to maximize human performance. Starting with the end in mind, each chapter takes the reader from the science through to the practical application, making the science of sports nutrition accessible.
The book shows how nutrition can be used to:
• Reduce the risk of injury and illness for athletes
• Maximize strength gains in the gym
• Adapt effectively to endurance training
• Minimise the negative effects of concurrent training
• Improve competition performance, whether for football or for the Tour de France
• Lose weight safely and effectively to maximize performance.
Dr Kevin Currell is Head of Performance Nutrition at the English Institute of Sport. He has supported athletes, including the British Athletics Team, British Triathlon, GB Canoeing and GB Short Track, through five Olympic Games. He holds a PhD in Sports Nutrition from the University of Birmingham and is a Registered High Performance Sport and Exercise Nutritionist.
• A new book that provides an overview of how nutrition can be used to maximize human performance.
• Will be of great interest to sports scientists and students, and athletes.
• Packed full of information, each chapter takes the reader from the science through to the practical application.
• The book shows how nutrition can be used for reducing the risk of injury and illness; maximising strength gains in the gym; minimising the negative effects of concurrent training and much, much more.
40 diagrams and 18 tables.
Author: CURRELL, KEVIN
Publication date: 01/10/2016
Dimension: 235mm X 165mm
Available stock: 0