Quilter's looking for fun, fresh "aahhh-inspiring" projects of keepsake quality will love the quirky, whimsical style in 'Happy Quilts'. Lovable softies from the quilt designs can be made from matching fabrics so that they look as if they've jumped out of the quilts themselves.
Each quilt is a combination of piecing and applique with directions suited to beginners or intermediate quilters. As shown, the designs are all eye-catching and bright, but readers can choose their own colour scheme from soft pastels to even graphic combinations of reds, whites, greys and blacks. Quilters will enjoy the satisfaction of creating something totally unique that's leaps and bounds above mass-produced bedding. Whether their room theme is dolls or robots, dolphins or dinosaurs, 'Happy Quilts' has crafters covered.
Antonie has been in and around the craft industry for 20 years, much of that time working in-store. She's taught beginner's classes, applique classes and classes featuring her own designs. She's also written in-house quilt patterns for stores, as well as mystery quilts and block of the month patterns. She designed and compiled her first pattern about eight years ago, and has been slowly building up her pattern library on a part-time basis ever since. Just recently she has chosen to devote her effort to her own company Red Boot Quilts, and is committed to expanding both her range of patterns and career within in the industry. Antonie specializes in fun, easy-to-make quilts and softies, believing that everybody from the beginning quilter to the seasoned veteran should be able to enjoy making one of her designs
• Portable, loveable buddies -- that not only coordinate with the quilt, but carry the warmth and comfort of your own special room wherever they go.
• 10 whimsical quilt patterns for bedding and buddies everyone loves
• Appliques, in kid-friendly themes, are perfect for home dec or wearables, and include dogs, teddies cats, sea creatures, monsters, superheroes, and more
• Author's Red Boot Quilt Company has sold over 10,000 patterns worldwide
• Author is Australian (Albany Creek, Queensland)
Author: ALEXANDER, ANTONIE
Publication date: 01/10/2016
Dimension: 276mm X 210mm
Available stock: 33