Bang up to date, with all the latest tips and advice on how best to save money while times remain hard, Tom Winnifrith here provides practical, down-to-earth ideas that can help people wherever and whatever their situation.
Tom"s tips include:
• Never buy white shirts for work.
• Get free dental treatment.
• Do not sign up to any get-rich schemes involving courses on anything from stock market success to sports betting or new franchise opportunities.
• Never buy an additional extended warranty on an electrical product.
• When you use a washing machine, use it on the lowest heat.
• Insulate your loft.
• Give up smoking (except in some cases where you should carry on for a couple more years).
Tom Winnifrith started his career as a City analyst before moving to financial journalism where he worked for the London Evening Standard. And ultimately for a fraudulent dotcom company. He also presented the award winning TV series Show Me The Money on Channel 4. In 2000 he set up his own (non fraudulent) dotcom company t1ps.com and 10 years later that enterprise, now called Rivington Street Holdings, owns a range of publishing titles and conference businesses and also owns a corporate finance firm, a PR firm, a market research agency, a software solutions provider and a share dealing business. RSH is based in the Isle of Man where Tom lives with Kitosh his cat (a Youtube star in his own right). Aged 42 his interests away from work are following West Ham United and the Irish rugby teams, cooking and supporting the Woodlarks charity.