• Maxime Mei Paenitet, Vedidi uxorem tua in agora eBay. - I"m really sorry, I sold you"re wife on eBay. (Shouted into a mobile phone)
• Sum in longus quadrigaarus! - I"m on the train!.
• Nuntiis meis non respondebat, ergo illam reliqui in LociMei. - She wasn"t replying to my emails, so I dumped her on MySpace.
• Ego Fleo? - Am I Bovvered?
If Latin"s good enough for Caesar, it"s good enough for you. And some things just sound far better in the old tongue. No longer "the dead language", Latin has been given a whole new lease of life in a manner befitting twenty-first century folk and their daily chit-chat. From Sat Nav and MySpace to plastic surgery and bingedrinking, this language lover"s bible guarantees you"ll go down a storm when you"re invited to the Vatican.
• Absurd and quirky and bound to sell to the pedants who will want to criticise the translations.
• A hilarious twenty-first century phrasebook for "Latin lovers".