What should I be eating? Where will I get electricity and clean water? Can I stay in my current home? Living off the grid can be a daunting decision for readers who are unsure about a self-sufficient lifestyle, but more and more people are adopting this do-it-yourself way of living. This practical and informative guide eases off the grid beginners into such basics as:
• Growing your own produce
• Establishing privacy and security
• Eliminating existing debt to cut off financial ties
• Creating a sustainable home from scratch
• Taking advantage of natural energy
Ideal for readers who want to live self-sufficiently or who just want to incorporate a few key aspects into their day-to-day lives, The Everything Gide to Living Off the Grid is an excellent introduction to homestead sustainability.
Terri Reid is a writer with twenty years off grid living experience. She has written about self reliance, sustainable living, and the post-consumer lifestyle in a monthly newspaper column and has appeared in BackWoods Home Magazine, Scouting Magazine, The Washington Post, and The Chicago Tribune.
• An easy-to-understand, practical, and down-to-earth resource for those looking to become self-sufficient and reduce reliance on public utilities
• Features a unique section about getting out of debt before moving off the grid to eliminate any financial ties to the government